Before words could go free,
there was a Stranger In A Strange Town...

Almost There

Those lazy days of yesteryear,
The weeks we spent in bed,
Have since then passed into the realm,
Of memories in our heads.

The fairy tale did run its course,
Real life has long set in,
And sometimes we can't even hear,
Our hearts above the din.

The daily struggles that we face,
So often wear us down,
And it's not quite as funny now,
When I do play the clown.

It's not that I don't realize,
How stressed that you can be,
It's just that frowns upon your face,
Are hard for me to see.

And yes, I know, that's no excuse,
When you need me to care,
Not by trying to change your mood,
But just by being there.

It seems so long we've waited for,
The moment now at hand,
(And yeah, it sucks when trucks break down,
And things don't go as planned.)

Now as we take this giant step,
I'm scared, just as are you,
It won't be easy, that I know,
But we will make it through.

And though tomorrow will be long,
With way too much to do,
At last, exhausted, we will sleep,
In our bed built for two.
  

2 comments:

kikinotdee said...

I love this :)

Unknown said...

you are so great with your work.

that was beautiful

a xo